Your County Collector, Janice VarnerWelcome to the Barry County Collector homepage. The County Collector's office strives to provide the best service to the taxpayers of Barry County. In saying such, we hope that this site assists you with the necessary information for us to provide the services. As your Barry County Collector, Janice Varner, I want to personally welcome you to this website.
The County Collector is responsible for the collection of current and delinquent Personal and Real property taxes for the various political subdivisions and taxing entities of the county. The collector also collects merchant license fees, and railroad and utility taxes. The collector is charged with the duties of collecting the taxes due, as shown on the County's tax records, and funds collected are distributed monthly to the various taxing entities.
We hope you find the site easy to navigate, and that it provides a service for you. Thank you for visiting this site.
- The primary function of the County Collector is the collection of personal and real estate taxes for the various taxing entities of the county.
- Prepares separate tax statements for: Personal Property (cars, trucks, boats, etc.); Real Estate (residential, commercial, agricultural); Utilities(railroad, electric, gas lines, etc.).
- Provides Merchant Licenses to appropriate businesses or persons.
- Conducts delinquent tax sale in August.
- Collector is charged with the duties of collecting the taxes due, as shown on the Assessor's records, and then distributes the funds monthly to the various taxing entities.
Personal and Real Estate tax statements are mailed in November of each year. Please inspect your statements to verify that all information is correct, including mailing address, all vehicles and legal land descriptions. All tax statements are due upon receipt and become delinquent after December 31st. Payments can be made in person, by mail or online at this website. All statements may be paid with one check. Partial payment cannot be accepted. Payment may be made with cash, personal check, money order or credit card. To avoid late fees, be sure your payment is postmarked no later than December 31st. Payments postmarked after December 31st will be returned unprocessed unless late fees are included. If you do not receive your statement by the end of November, please contact our office immediately. Failure to receive a statement does not relieve the taxpayer's obligation to pay taxes and any penalty and interest that may apply.
Phone number: (417) 847-2113
Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Our Office is open during the noon hour.
The Collector's office observes state holidays.
Location & Mailing Address
Barry County Courthouse
700 Main Street, Suite #3
Cassville, MO 65625